This vegan Iced Coffee recipe is super simple to make and is such a refreshing way to wake up on a hot morning. For a smoother, richer coffee flavour I use a Bialetti moka stovetop coffee pot and Di Bella Coffee beans, but feel free to use whichever coffee and coffee method you can get your hands on.
I have to admit, my coffee type of choice is decaf (gasp!) due to an annoying coffee sensitivity, but I still love the smell and taste of coffee. This Iced Coffee does require quick night-before preparation, but it’s so worth waking up, pulling a glass of iced coffee from the fridge and watching the swirls of black and white as you add in the milk.
If you like a sweeter iced coffee, a touch of coconut sugar or rice malt syrup would work wonderfully. Hope you enjoy!
- 4 shots of espresso coffee
- 1 cup cold filtered water
- 1 cup oat milk (or other milk of choice)
- 1-2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- The night before, make 4 shots of espresso and divide the coffee between two glasses. If you'd like a sweeter iced coffee, stir in the coconut sugar now.
- Add in ½ cup cold filtered water into each glass and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, simply add ½ cup of oat milk into each glass and enjoy!