The above scenario happened to me yesterday but I could not find a recipe that yielded less than 24 cookies (without the need for excruciating division of measurements — I loathe maths!). So I went into the kitchen, got out ingredients with cookie-potential and began my experiment.
And I don’t think I’ve ever encountered such a quick baking success as with these Chocolate Chip + Vanilla Cookies — this batch lasted all of one afternoon!
They even got a huge tick of approval from my boyfriend, which says a lot because he usually opts for Oreos or jelly lollies over my healthified baking experiments — bless his cotton socks.
They’re also perfect for those with food intolerances and dietary requirements as they gluten free, dairy free, egg free, refined sugar free and vegan. And if you’re a banana-hater have no fear because these Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cookies are banana free!
Above all, these cookies are finger-licking good. The almond meal and vanilla give the cookies a layered sweetness and depth of flavour, and the ooey gooey chocolate chips bring the cookies to another level of deliciousness.
Of course, if you’re after a bigger batch of these cookies, simply double the ingredients and you’ll be able to enjoy these cookies that little bit longer!
- ¾ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2 & ½ tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp rice malt syrup (depending on desired sweetness – I find 1 tbsp to be enough)
- ½ tsp vanilla paste
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ scant cup dark chocolate chips
- Firstly, preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl. The mixture will look a bit crumbly, but once you form the cookies using your hands they will come together perfectly.
- Now place the cookies on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake them in the oven for 12-14 minutes, or until golden brown. They smell incredible at this point!
- Leave them to cool, or if you're like me: until they're just cool enough to pick up and eat.